1) We always leave a little note with our evening treat when we place it in the guest room so our guests will know what we are giving them. Sometime we get a little playful with our notes which gives our guests a chance to be playful back.
3) The Carolina Bed & Breakfast is .35 miles from the Visitor’s Center, .86 miles to the Battery Park Book Exchange & Champagne Bar , .96 miles to the French Broad Chocolate Lounge and 3.23 miles to the entrance of the Biltmore Estate.
4) Besides James and myself, we have Sara, our Assistant Innkeeper, two housekeepers and a gardener to take care of our house and guests.
5) Since we bought our B&B in Asheville we have served 12022 meals to guests in our house. That’s a lot of coffee!
6) We have had guests from all 50 states and the District of Columbia as well as thirteen countries.
7) Just to make sure we have back-ups of almost everything including two washing machines, two dryers, 2 vacuum cleaners, two dishwashers, two waffle irons, two coffeemakers, two freezers, three sets of all linens and towels, extra blankets and spreads, two hot water heaters, two printers and two methods of recording reservations and guest information!
8) Besides the house itself which is of historical interest as a Richard Sharp Smith house built in 1901, there are a number of other items of historical interest from James and my families. Among these are the portraits of James’ ancestors in the living rooms and dining room, furniture from my grandmother’s childhood home in Charleston, and a letter to my mother’s parents from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.