We hope that our guests are staying healthy and adjusting to life as we continue to navigate the new normal after the COVID-19 pandemic. As you all know, this has been a very unsettling time for all small businesses, including the Carolina Bed & Breakfast, as well as for our wonderful staff and our loyal customers.
We take inspiration from what we have accomplished here at the Carolina Bed & Breakfast in the past four years since we bought it and as you know, Kevin and I love everything about it. We feel strongly that our guests deserve only the best. We know for many of you the Carolina Bed & Breakfast is the place for you to come, relax, get away from your busy lives, celebrate a special occasion or explore all the great things Asheville has to offer. We are happy to be your “Home Away from Home” when you decide to travel.
I wanted to take the time to assure you the Carolina Bed & Breakfast is ready for you to visit with updated systems in place to ensure your safety and our staff’s safety. We have always focused on cleanliness here at the Inn. Our consistently strong 100% Health Inspections are evidence of that and we are very proud of our 100% rating. Your comments about the cleanliness of the B&B in your TripAdvisor reviews show us that you notice and appreciate this. The things we do enhance safety for everyone. We want you to feel you are able to come back to somewhere you can trust and have peace of mind during your stay.
Here are a few of our best practices:
- Kitchen and housecleaning staff will be wearing masks and gloves as required. We are ServeSafe trained/certified and will adhere to the highest cleanliness standards.
- All Carolina employees will be health screened daily, including temperature checks, prior to them starting their day.
- There will be separate breakfast dining areas set up for our guests throughout the Inn. This allows us to maintain social distancing while guests are eating. We continue to do this as we have visitors from all over the country and not all guests have chosen to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Individually wrapped treats and baked goods will be available 24 hours a day.
- Disinfection of high-contact surfaces like light switches, remote controls, door handles remain a part of our daily cleaning protocol.
- We will follow CDC guidelines “Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility” using EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Daily housekeeping will be by request only. Innkeepers and housekeepers will wear gloves and masks if entering your room to tidy up. A deep cleaning will be taking place after every guest visit.
Our requests for guests:
- If you have had exposure to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19, please reschedule your stay.
- Guests can choose self-check-in/out or to be greeted by the innkeepers.
Please be aware that while the Governor of NC has removed the masking requirement for people to allow them to stop wearing masks outdoors in public areas and inside all commercial businesses, the Buncombe County Board of Commissioners has issued a guidance that allows individual businesses in Asheville to choose whether or not to continue masking in indoor public spaces. We continue to wear masks here as we have young grandchildren, who are regular visitors, that are under the age of five and some of our grandchildren are unable to receive a vaccine at this time. We also have other guests and one employee who are immuno-compromised that are here in the inn on a regular basis. Our goal is to take excellent care of everyone while they are here. Please do not be offended by our masks. All of our team members are fully vaccinated and boosted here at the Carolina.
It is our goal to continue to provide you with the highest level of guest service during your stay, as well as a safe environment for everyone. Take extra good care of yourselves and come to see us soon!
We wish you all the best of good health,
Diana and Kevin
There is still an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Carolina Bed & Breakfast you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.