We hope that our guests are staying healthy and adjusting to life as we continue to navigate the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. As you all know, this is a very unsettling time for all small businesses, including the Carolina Bed & Breakfast, as well as for our wonderful staff and our loyal customers.
We continue to take inspiration from what we have accomplished here at the Carolina Bed & Breakfast in the past 3 years since we bought it and as you know, we love everything about it. We feel strongly that our guests deserve only the best. We know for many of you the Carolina Bed & Breakfast is the place for you to come, relax, get away from your busy lives, celebrate a special occasion or explore all the great things Asheville has to offer. We are happy to be your “Home Away from Home” when you decide to travel.
I wanted to take the time to assure you the Carolina Bed & Breakfast is ready for you to visit with updated systems in place to ensure your safety and our staff’s safety. We are following all of the CDC guidelines along with all of the health and safety protocols they recommend. We have always focused on cleanliness here at the Inn. Our consistently strong 100% Health Inspections are evidence of that and we are very proud of our 100% rating issued January 6, 2021 . Your comments about the cleanliness of the B&B in your TripAdvisor reviews show us that you notice and appreciate this. We have added additional sanitizing practices throughout the day in all common areas as directed by the health department. The things we do enhance safety for everyone. We want you to feel you are able to come back to somewhere you can trust and have peace of mind during your stay.
We have been and will continue to follow all of the CDC, NC and Buncombe County Health & Human Services public health guidelines for safe practices during your stay at the Carolina.
Here are a few of our best practices:
- Kitchen and housecleaning staff will be wearing masks and gloves as required. We are ServeSafe trained/certified and will continue adhere to the highest cleanliness standards.
- All Carolina employees will be health screened daily, including temperature checks, prior to them starting their day.
- There will be separate breakfast dining areas set up for our guests throughout the Inn. This allows us to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Social Hour will be suspended temporarily until we are no longer required to social distance.
- Individually wrapped treats and baked goods will still be available 24 hours a day.
- Disinfection of high-contact surfaces like light switches, remote controls, door handles were always a part of our cleaning protocol before COVID-19 and this will be stepped up to be done multiple times per day.
- We will follow CDC guidelines “Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility” using EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Daily housekeeping will be by request only. Innkeepers and housekeepers will wear gloves and masks if entering your room to tidy up. A deep cleaning will be taking place after every guest visit.
Our requests for guests:
- If you have had exposure to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19, please reschedule your stay.
- Guests can choose self-check-in/out or to be greeted by the innkeepers.
- Guests should follow social distancing when using common areas of the inn and masks are required when you are outside of your room.
- Wash Your Hands! We will too!
Please be aware that the Governor of NC, the Commissioner of Buncombe County and the City of Asheville are still requiring people to wear masks outdoors in public areas and in all commercial businesses.
For our frequent guests, we know this will be slightly different from the way you are used to enjoying your time with us and socializing with the other guests at the Carolina. It is our goal to continue to provide you with the highest level of guest service during your stay, as well as a safe environment for everyone. Take extra good care of yourselves and come to see us soon!
We wish you all the best of good health,
Diana and Kevin
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Carolina Bed & Breakfast you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.